Juli forced me to do this. Okay, she mentioned it in passing, but it stuck, and I need a break from imaginary worlds. Tag yourself if you feel like
1. What time did you get up this morning? Half eight. We were late. School starts at like ten to nine. It’s a two minute walk, but my contrary daughter is nightmarishly slow at getting ready in the mornings. I sent her upstairs to find her shoes, and she got into my bed instead. She couldn’t find her shoes (actually, she didn’t feel like looking), so she decided to get comfy. When you have five kids, a missing shoe is basically a disaster first thing in the morning. The very worst sentence to hear is “Where’s me shoe?” /Rant.
2. How do you like your steak? Well done. Extremely well done. I can eat pinkish steak if I pretend there’s no pink, but eventually I can’t help noticing the pink and feel ill. I’m pretty squeamish. Okay, exceptionally squeamish.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I honestly cannot remember the last time I went to the cinema. Wow. When my OH and I first met, we went to the cinema every single day and often ran out of films to watch. We would watch anything. I forget what the very first one was called, but it was absolutely horrendous. We totally went out a second time because we united in our hatred for that flick.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Current shows? Supernatural. Right until the Bobby Incident. I haven’t forgiven them yet. So I’ve been turning to Once Upon a Time – which is way, way, way better than the first episode made it seem. And we just finished the first season of Dexter. I know, I’m late to the party, but I loved it.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Ireland. Outside of Ireland? Sardinia. I’ve always had a love for Italy, and if I could choose anywhere to visit, it would be Sardinia. So, purely judging with my rose coloured glasses, I choose Sardinia. Congratulations, Sardinia.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Boiled eggs, wholemeal toast, and coffee.
7. What is your favorite food? Too hard. I love pasta, pretty much anything with cheese, spicy food, thai curry, etc. Right now my favourite food is stew because my OH put some in the slow cooker this morning, and the smell is making me fade away with hunger.
8. Foods you dislike? Corn. Tuna. Cream. Turkish Delight. *Shudders* I can’t bear corn; if there is half a corn… thing accidentally in my food, I’ll know it. I used to feel the same about mushrooms – it’s the texture – but I’ve made my peace with them now.
9. Favorite place to eat? Yeah… we don’t have babysitters. Eating out just doesn’t happen.
10. Favorite dressing? I’m not a fan of dressing.
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? I can’t drive. Be grateful. Seriously.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Duh, I’m a writer. Obviously, it’s pyjamas. 🙂 I don’t know. I have a thing for converse and knee high boots. Not at the same time, obviously. Basically, I like shoes.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Italyyyy.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? It’s just a bloody cup.
15. Where would you want to retire? I want to retire in my own home, wherever that is – although I can’t see myself retiring. It doesn’t make sense to me to go somewhere else to retire.
16. Favorite time of day? Night time. I like the moon.
17. Where were you born? The Coombe. 🙂
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Football. Not the American kind, btw.
19. What is your favorite fragrance? I mostly like fresh/fruity scents. I wear Inish or Vera Wang perfume at the mo’.
20. What is your favorite face cream? I haven’t found my Holy Grail yet. Right now I use Liz Earle.
21. Favorite baby/kids products? Baby wipes are the perfect product.
22. People watcher? Always. This might be why so many people have threatened to beat me up in my lifetime. 🙂
23. Are you a morning or night person? I’m not good in the morning. I’m a cranky biatch. Whatever you do, don’t wake me. I can’t be held responsible for my actions. I come to life at night.
24. Do you have any pets? Three dogs. A massively oafish lab cross, a sly and wimpy CKC x Jack Russell, and a hyper screamer of a Shiba Inu pup.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? I am currently providing for my family with my writing income which is scary and awesome all at once. We’re looking out for a new home, and we have decided we are done with newborns. Which is probably a good thing considering my angelic baby took a chunk out of her brother’s back this morning. With her teeth.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A writer. At least I can say I’m consistent. 🙂
27. What is your favorite memory? I have lots of great memories now, most of which involve my kids. My best ones are also my scariest ones – like giving birth to a slightly premie baby, accidentally giving birth at home, giving birth to twins as soon as all medical staff left the room, and giving birth in a speeding ambulance before they could slow down or, like, stop. Timing has been a problem. 🙂
28. Are you a cat or dog person? I’ve been a lifelong dog person, although our missing cat sometimes changed my mind. Whenever he wasn’t waking me up by attacking my feet, that is. Or jumping out of upstairs windows and giving me minor heart attacks.
29. Are you married? Nope, we are not married.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Always. Only answer.
31. Been in a car accident? Never.
32. Any pet peeves? Lots. I’m pretty grumpy. I kind of hate when writers (people) are cruel about other writers (people) and their books (especially when they make digs at other books/authors in their own books). I’m a bit like, respect your peers, you fucking dickhead. I have very little patience for people who only want praise and adoration. I’m a bit like, stop being so needy and attention-seeking, you fucking dickhead. I can’t stand people who skip queues btw. Or rudely decapitate others with their outlandishly large umbrellas on rainy days especially if it’s just a drizzle. I pretty much hate having my head removed from my body. Fucking dickheads.
33. Favorite pizza toppings? Cajun chicken. Or anything really spicy. I’ve spent most of my twenties either pregnant or breastfeeding and entirely unable to eat a lot of spice, so I make up for it now when I can.
34. Favorite flower? Orchids and lilies. And red amaryllis.
35. Favorite ice cream? I love Ben & Jerries Phish Food. It might as well have been created just for me.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? A chinese takeaway we used to live next to; we ordered from there about a million times. A takeaway and a bottle of Gallo zinfandel was our night in. Everything was absolutely delicious, especially anything of the salt & chilli variety. *Drools* Then the chef must have changed because it became really disappointing. *Haz a sad*
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? I’ve never tried it because I cannot drive.
38. From whom did you get your last email? Last one was confirming my massive dog food purchase.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I don’t have a credit card. Which is a very, very good thing. Mostly because of my obsession with Lush. And Sasa.com.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I started a new book today. Rock and feckin’ roll.
41. Like your job? Yes. But I’ll rarely admit it. 🙂
42. Broccoli? Make it spicy, and I’m in.
43. What was your favorite vacation? I’ve only been on holiday once, and it was an epic disaster that must never be spoken of.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? I assume it was my OH, but I can’t remember it.
45. What are you listening to right now? Last.fm. Jimi Hendrix rightthissecond. Edit: by the time I finished, it was Wolfmother.
46. What is your favorite color? I love me some purple.
47. How many tattoos do you have? None. But I love tattoos. My OH has convinced my I wouldn’t be able for it though. I have a needle/blood phobia, so it would probably be a massive disaster. I’ve had five kids, but a blood test is the most terrifying thing that could happen to me. If I weren’t such a cowardly muppet, I would love a forget-me-not (amnesia symbol Edit: I obviously meant Alzheimers, but I need to leave that mistake in because it made me cry laughing) to remember my aunt, and a literary quote from a Robert Frost poem as a reminder for me not to give up.
48. Coffee drinker? Yes. Like Juli (high-fives), I’ve been drinking coffee since childhood. Tea has grown on me though. Probably because you get about five pots a day in the Coombe.
Aaaand done. Bonus points if you read the entire thing. Link in comments if you take part. Now I need to find some other way to procrastinate. 🙂